Luminous powder involves a wide range of fields; the most common are coatings (luminous paint), fibers, glass, ceramics, plastics, and printing. The luminous powder used in each field is also different. The luminous powder is selected according to the particle size, luminous brightness, luminous time, and light absorption speed of the luminous powder.
In all fields, the requirements for the use of luminous powder in the plastics field are particularly high. The luminous powder is commonly used for injection molding. The luminous powder can be added to transparent resins such as PP, PC, PE, ABS, or plastic materials with good transparency. However, the problem of blackening is often encountered. This use problem is inevitable, but it can be reduced. The most important reason is that the chemical reaction between the luminous powder and the metal will occur.
- Do not use high-speed metal stirring in the luminous powder mixing process. The long-term contact between the luminous powder and the metal will cause a chemical reaction to turn black. Stir with a non-metal-lined container. Mix by hand.
- Add diffusion oil during the mixing process, which can reduce the friction between the luminous powder and the agitator.
- The discharge time should be as short as possible.
- Check the smoothness of the mixer before production to ensure the smoothness of the mixer.
- Noctilucent powder of luminous technology has the characteristics of small particle size, high brightness, good dispersibility, and a small amount of addition. The luminous time is more than ten times longer than ordinary luminous powder. Water-resistant luminous powder, ultra-fine luminous powder, fast light-absorbing glow in the dark powder, high-brightness luminous powder, there is always a suitable.